Home Remedies For Acne: Guide To Treat Acne
Read Time: 5 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
One of the not-so-impressive things about teenage is that it marks the entry of acne.
It is worrisome and let’s face it – time-consuming to get rid of.
It is even more frustrating when the products or recipes you fall back upon to treat acne don’t work.
Clearing The Air
While I never had acne, the ones in my family who had turned into lab rats for me.
You cannot go lax after 3-4 days.
If you sign up for this Anti-Acne skin care regimen, do it every day for at least 2 months non-stop.
Nothing else will go on your face. Case closed.
Not everyone can make DIY face packs daily owing time crunch, so I will suggest substitutes to those DIYs.
Opt for what suits your schedule.
Natural Home Remedies For Acne: Step By Step Guide
Step 1 : Cleansing (20 mins)
- If you go the DIY way – Make a 200 g batch of THIS facial cleanser/mask. Store in an airtight container. Take out a tbsp. of it, mix in curd and apply on your face and neck. Keep for 20 mins. Rinse with cold water.
- If you go the ready-made Natural face pack way – Choose between THIS and THIS cleanser. They are not “facial cleansers” per se but can be safely used on face.
I have confirmed this personally from the owner of Yogi’s Herbs.
Yogi’s Herbs Vasanai Podi unclogs skin’s pores and imparts a gorgeous bridal glow.
Mitti Plus on the contrary, unclogs skin’s dirty pores besides imparting a clear complexion.
Despite having dry skin, I use both daily and have noted remarkable results – clear, uniform and brighter skin tone.
Mix with curd (best base ingredient), apply, keep for 20 mins and rinse with cold water.
Step 2: Face Pack (20 mins)
- If you go the DIY way – Then, make a 200 g batch of THIS face mask once, store in a jar and use accordingly. Sprinkle 2 drops of tea tree essential oil (Buy HERE) to the final mask in order to arm it well to tackle stubborn acne. No more than 2 drops, please.
- If you go the ready-made natural mask way – Pick up Anuhya Sunni Pindi (Buy HERE if you live in India & HERE if you are from USA). Mix a tbsp. with curd. Apply and rinse after 20 mins.
Do not scrub it off while rinsing. You may scratch pimples/acne accidentally.
Simply put, scratched pimple = Blood + Pain + Scarring
Step 3: Toning (2 mins)
Fairly simple here- Just spray Zofla’s rose water (Buy HERE) on your entire face and neck.
It should be chilled. How can it be chilled?
Store it in a fridge all the time.
Let it get absorbed in your skin naturally.
Step 4: Moisturizing (2 mins)
- If you go the DIY way– Keep THIS organic face serum handy. Make it once (50 ml is sufficient). Use not more than 6 drops. Just 6? Yes, your skin is oily. Want to attract more dirt? Focus on massage exclusively.
Face Yoga is incredible. Not only does it firms skin but also keeps skin problems at bay.
- If you go the ready-made way– I suggest THIS serum. Same rule – apply not more than 6 drops. Focus on getting it “into your skin” rather than just “having it sit on your skin”.
A little Gyaan if you go for this Anti-Acne routine
1. Break up with oily food for 2 months.
2. Eat at least 5 different types of fruits and dry fruits daily. Quantity may vary.
3. Whenever your skin feel sweaty, glide a Neem ice cube wrapped in a cotton handkerchief over your face. Making Neem ice cubes for acne is a cakewalk.
Boil Neem leaves in water, pour that water in an ice tray, freeze and pop one out whenever you want to use it.
4. No coconut oil in any form – moisturizer, serum or cream should go on your face.
Coconut oil is highly comedogenic.
That means it clogs skin’s pores hence, triggering more pimples.
5. You have to do the entire skin care routine twice daily (once in the morning; once at night) for 2 months.
6. When you are outdoors and your acne-prone oily skin feels greasy, none of these products will rush to your rescue.
In that case, having a bottle of Aroma Essentials Neem Face Wash would help.
Drench your face and neck in water, massage a pea-sized amount of it for 2 mins and rinse with water.
To Be On The Safe Side
1. If you have acne, chances are your body’s skin may be prone to it as well. Play safe.
Don’t drown yourself in a sea of body washes and soaps.
2. Opt for any Herbal Bath Powder and a cold-processed soap whose makers are open about all its ingredients.
3. Amidst soaps, Kind on Skin has appealed to me the most till date. HERE for instance you can see how/why I find it different.
Their Charcoal soap (Buy HERE) is highly effective for nipping acne in the bud. Use it on your body only (I do not suggest the use of soaps – no matter how gentle they are, on face)
4. Reserve the soap for daily use (it’s practical); the Herbal Bath Powder for weekends (mix with curd)
With that, we end up with this Natural skin care regimen to tackle acne.