DIY Homemade Hair Smoothening Aloe vera Gel
One of my all-time favourite natural ingredients (and the first choice for most of my DIY Homemade Face and Hair Packs) is Aloe Vera.
Having used it for years now…
If you ask me for my Aloe vera plants or a bowl of hot chocolate fudge with nuts and vanilla ice cream, one thing is sure shot – I am not giving my Aloe vera.
Coming back to hair care, if yours has lost its silky sheen, look no further than your own garden.
If you don’t have one but are adventurous, neighbours have gardens.
Read between the lines, Sherlock.
Because in all likelihood, this gel is going to be your hair’s saviour.
- Aloe vera leaves – Please make sure that they are thick and succulent.
- Lavender essential oil (5 drops) – Buy here
- Patchouli essential oil (5 drops) – Buy here
- Scrape the gel from the innards of your Aloe vera leaves.
- Add that to a mixer.
- Blend for 15 seconds. Do not add water.
- Once the gel has turned frothy, pour it into a bowl.
- Add 5 drops of lavender and patchouli essential oil each.
- Mix for 10-15 seconds.
- Voila! Your DIY Homemade Hair Smoothening Aloe vera gel is ready.
My 2 cents
- If this gel falls on your face, it will add smoothness to your skin. Don’t fret.
- Please do not let this gel get into your eyes. It’ll cause a stinging sensation.
- If it does, wash off immediately with lots of cold water.
- Use at least twice a week so that your hair and scalp get used to the ingredients. Results will hence, speed up.
- Focus on applying this gel on your scalp. That’s where your hair derives its nutrition from. Makes sense to feed it, doesn’t it?
The next time your hair frowns at you for giving it a step-motherly treatment, just sneak into someone’s garden.
Concoct DIY Homemade Hair Smoothening gel.
It’s your hair’s knight in shining armour!
Looking For Personalized Help?
Here’s how to get your organic skin/hair care consultation
Let’s turn you into an organic buff!