Easy DIY Facial Cleanser: Step By Step Guide To Get Glowing Skin, Beauty Tips
Read Time: 3 mins
Prep Time: 1 min
A lavish facial cleanser or a homemade one – finalizing one is a tough choice after all both promise gorgeously glowing skin.
If you ask me however, I will drift towards the latter.
Because my facial cleanser consists of nourishing natural ingredients that I can tweak according to my skin’s demands.
If you think that making a cleanser every morning from scratch will be tedious, pause.
My facial cleanser’s 200 gram batch lasts me a month easily.
Psss…I do not add any chemical preservatives or cheap fillers either.
Nature, nature and more nature – that’s their composition.
Bring out your notepads and take notes.
DIY Facial Cleanser: Ingredients
1. Green Gram Powder (60 g) – Buy HERE
2. Finely powdered oats (40 g) – Buy HERE
3. Rose petals powder (50 g) – Buy HERE
4. Mulethi powder (50 g) – Buy HERE
5. Geranium Essential Oil (10 ml) – Buy HERE
DIY Facial Cleanser: Step By Step Guide
Simply mix all the powders together. Add Geranium Essential Oil.
Finally, transfer your facial cleanser to an airtight jar.
How Should I Use This DIY Facial Cleanser?
Cleansing is the first step in skincare.
Every morning or whenever you want to cleanse your skin, draw a spoon of it. Mix with curd and Zofla’s rose water (Buy HERE)
Apply on your face and neck. Keep for 20 mins.
Rinse with cold water.
Want something that spruces your skin up magically?
Then, you have to follow up with some more steps.
Up for them? Here you go.
Cleanse, Mask, Tone & Moisturize – follow this order for clearer, brighter, smoother and healthier skin.
Since you are done with cleansing, you may be wondering which face mask should you place your bets on.
- For DIY Freaks – THIS helps impart a clear, radiant and firm skin while THIS lightens pimples, acne spots and blemishes.
- For ready-made face mask freaks – Fall back upon Anuhya Sunni Pindi (Buy HERE). Mix with curd and apply. Keep it for 20 mins and rinse with cold water. Anuhya Sunni Pindi = Glow, glow and more glow. HERE I have raved about it to my heart’s content.
Let’s keep it short and simple – spray chilled Zofla rose water on your face and neck.
See, as long as your moisturizer is All-Natural (no petrochemicals, carcinogens or artificial fragrance), life’s good.
If however, you are unsatisfied and hence, looking for a suggestion, here’s what I’d recommend.
- For dry or normal skin – Opt a ready-made alternative one. Body butters/Sorbets from Aroma Essentials are long-lasting moisturizers (request the removal of cocoa butter from Madhurima since on face, cocoa butter will backfire)
Or you can massage your face with 7-8 drops of Apricot kernel oil (Buy HERE)
- For oily skin – What I have found is that oily skin should use moisturizers that are free from coconut oil and cocoa (cacao) butter.
Getting a cream customized for your skin is a better idea since every other cream will have these 2 ingredients.
Madhurima from Aroma Essentials is the person to turn to!
With that, we wrap up today’s tutorial of a DIY facial cleanser.
Make yours at home now and use it daily.
You will never turn to a ready-made one, my DIY freak!