Homemade Lip Scrub To Get Smooth Pink Lips
Step By Step Guide
There are some smiles that melt hearts. Some that instill fear…some exude mischief… some that ooze seduction.
What’s the point?
Smiling is contagious
It costs nothing to flash a smile, right?
You need lips- healthy, smooth and supple ones at that.
Smooth, supple and squeaky-clean lips indicate maintenance and upkeep.
Requiring nothing more than a quick trip to the kitchen and the nearby grocery, all you to need to do is concoct the following Homemade lip scrub to get smooth pink lips.
Simple, isn’t it?
But why a lip scrub?
Because scrubbing your lips frees them from their leathery texture, leaving them smooth & supple.
Homemade Lip Scrub
1. Brown Sugar (1 tbsp.) – Buy here
Scrubby and not scratchy, it makes for a gentle exfoliant.
2. Demerara Sugar (1 tbsp.) – Buy here
Another weapon to remove layers of dead skin cells that make your lips look leathery.
3. Raw Milk (1 tbsp.)
4. Lemon Juice (1/2 tbsp.)
Remember: When life gives you lemons, don’t just make a lemonade.
Make a lip scrub out of it too!
How To Make A Homemade Lip Scrub?
Roll your sleeves and get started
My 2 cents
(A) On How to apply this homemade lip scrub
- Wash off every trace of a lip balm/lip stick off your lips with cold water.
- Drink a glass of water.
- Coat your lips in a layer of cold raw milk dunked in a cotton ball.
- Once semi-dry, dunk your index finger in the scrub, apply it on your lips and scrub (not scratch) gently for 2 whole minutes.
- Wash off your lips with cold water.
- Moisturize with organic ghee. It is a wonderful emollient (binds and locks moisture to your lips). Either use homemade ‘Shudh Desi’ ghee or an organic variant here
- You can use an organic lip balm such as – This simple lip balm (it’s colourless)
You can make your own lip balms at home (that’s better!)
Here are some recipes
- Do not go into the ‘This is Spaaartaan’ mode while scrubbing. Be gentle.
- If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- Scrub your lips till all the granules get dissolved. If you go by the clock, two minutes is sufficient. But that is 2 whole minutes…120 seconds…not the Indian quantification of 2 minutes (= Stop when you get bored or tired)
- Do not scrub every day. Once every three days is sufficient.
- If you wear heavy lip makeup daily, scrubbing once a day is fine.
- Continue with this homemade lip scrub for at least three weeks to see results.
Pulling down the curtains on this DIY tutorial, folks!
Include this Homemade lip scrub to get smooth pink lips as a part of your personal lip care regimen.
You will be left with a pucker which when stretched from ear to ear, leaves you as delighted as the ones whom you’re flashing your smile at!