How To Exfoliate Skin Organically Like Mom
Read Time: 2 Mins
Prep Time: 1 Min
Straight from your plate to your face – that’s how my mom’s skincare essentials are!
Since she travels every now and then, she makes it a point to have her organic skincare products prepped fresh.
To avoid tucking away an army of chemical-laden skincare products.
Here’s the catch
The preparation of all her organic skincare products is out-sourced to her most miserably paid employee – Me.
By the way if you seek help with your skin or hair problems, please read this.
While exploring the length and breadth of India (when she’s travelling domestically that is, 8/10 times), her skin roughens easily.
How To Exfoliate Skin Organically – is thus, her leading question.
… the answer to which is this homemade face scrub/exfoliator.
Jot down the recipe!
How To Exfoliate Skin: Ingredients
- Urad dal powder – Grind it without water in your mixer till it has a smooth texture. Slight coarseness is totally acceptable but remember – You are not playing Rugby with your face.
- Sandalwood powder – Buy here
- Almond powder – Grind almonds without water in your mixer.
- Wild turmeric – Buy here
How To Exfoliate Skin: Procedure
Mix all the powdered ingredients together in 5:3:3:1 ratio.
Store it in an airtight glass jar (Buy here)
Tadaa, your homemade face scrub is ready!
How To Exfoliate Skin: Mom’s Mantra
- After splashing water on your face and neck, do NOT wipe it off. Use the above homemade face scrub by mixing it with curd.
- Gently massage it all over your face and neck for about 2 mins (go by a clock)
- Rinse with water and on that same damp skin, apply a face pack – chemical-free, of course. Sunni Pindi (Buy here) with curd works like magic for brightening skin.
After following this seemingly elaborate skincare regimen (for years) this is how mom’s skin looks.
Glowing, spotless & skin’tillating.
Now that you know how to exfoliate skin organically, will you spend a fortune on the same again?