This Is How Turmeric Milk Changed My Mom’s Skin (Recipe + Results)
Read Time: 1 Min
Prep Time: 3 Min
To those who are head over heels in love with my mom’s beauty secrets, here’s good news – There’s more!
In fact, one of her most trusted recipes is Turmeric Milk for skin care.
That’s not all!
Because she and I believe – What you eat, shows on your skin, she invests on her skin from the inside as well.
How’s her version special?
How can YOU make it?
How often do you need to drink it?
Here’s your guide to our Shudh Desi turmeric milk!
Turmeric Milk: Ingredients
- Milk (1 cup – about 100 ml)
- Organic Turmeric (1/2 tbsp.) – Buy here
- Organic Cardamom Powder (a pinch) – Buy here
- Black Pepper Powder (a pinch) – Buy here
- Organic Dry Ginger Powder (1 tbsp.) – Buy here
- Organic Jaggery Powder (1-2 tbsp.) – Buy here. Please do not use sugar especially if it is white. Personally, I find brown sugar overrated and overpriced for daily consumption.
If we are going Desi, let’s turn back to good old Gur (aka jaggery) – our forgotten hero.
It handles the taste department exceptionally well.
Turmeric Milk: How To Make
Step 1: In a pan, heat milk for 2 mins.
Step 2: Pour milk into your glass. Add all the other ingredients.
Step 3: Stir with a spoon for a min.
Tadaa, your anti-aging drink is ready!
Sip it. Gulp it. Slurp it.
How Does My Mom Drink Turmeric Milk?
Through her mouth!
Alright, that was bad…okay, I agree atrocious. And lame.
You expected a different, perhaps special way in which she drinks it, didn’t you?
While freaks in my family do things a bit differently, here for instance Chiku and I advocate hung curd for hair growth, there is no unique way in which my mom drinks turmeric milk.
What’s the catch?
Only aspect to focus on is – Regularity.
She has been drinking it every night for at least 15 years (or more) and hence, the results.
Absolutely! We are freaks for a reason.
By now, you may have labelled me a DIY obsessed weirdo, no?
How kind of you!
Still find me normal?
Imagine how obsessive my mom would be.
15 years won’t appear huge now, would it?
- Neither my mom nor I am lactose intolerant. That is why, this drink suits us.
- If you are lactose-intolerant, please substitute cow milk (which we use) with almond milk, soy milk or … wait, for me to drop another recipe for you.
With that, brew yourself some theth Desi goodness in the form of turmeric milk tonight!